The Human Resource Manager performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, affirmative action and employment equity program, benefits management, and payroll functions. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The Manager must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and confidentiality.
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews).
- Acts as an employee relations manager.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done in a timely manner
- Updates, monitors and maintains eligible salary adjustments/increases based on one-year evaluations.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefits plans. Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes. Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process. Maintains and distributes list of new and cancelled employees under each benefit plan. Verifies benefit billing accuracy and processes for payment.
- Reviews and monitors general and property liability insurance with insurance carrier.
- Facilitate the Board’s HR committee by organizing meetings, developing agendas, and completing work assignments as needed.
- Administers COBRA for group health plans.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Monitors and reports on EEOC and Affirmative Action.
- Reviews bi-weekly payroll before and after submission.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILL REQUIRED:
Four-year degree and experience in Human Resources or related field required. Candidate should have experience working in the human resources field. Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent verbal and written skills, ability to be confidential in all areas of hr, ability to prioritize tasks, deal with a wide variety of stakeholders and communicate effectively.
Position requires occasional work outside normal business hours and moderate travel is required. Must be computer efficient in all Microsoft Office applications. General knowledge of on-line applicant software and payroll systems a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position offices at the Administration Office. Ability to work in an office environment which requires the use of a PC and telephone. 10-key approximately 90% of the time. Ability to perform repetitive motion of fingers, hands and wrists. Ability to lift 25 lbs.