|Title:||Teen Advisor - Henry|
REPORTS TO: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
The Teen Advisor is responsible to provide programs that promote self-esteem and encourage the positive social and educational development of our members. This includes planning and implementation of programs for individuals, small groups and large groups with a special emphasis on teen members at Patrick Henry High School.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Overseeing teen programming and assisting with on time graduation and preparing teens for post-secondary education through Teen Pathways program
- Provide a range of program planning, implementation and evaluation with NYOI and SAYO
- Facilitate grant funded programs including: Career Launch, Money Matters. Passport to Manhood and SMART programs
- Maintain positive working relationships with administrative school staff, teachers and other area partners
- Facilitate leadership group programs and plan special events
- Assisting and implementing marketing strategies by developing and maintaining various elements essential for the growth and retention of members at the Club
- Supervise the learning center and volunteers
- Attend regular staff meetings and be responsible for extensive record keeping and program reports as requested
- Ensure an environment that meets the organizational standards for the health and safety of members
- Provide guidance and discipline as needed
- Must be able to drive company owned vehicles
- Assist other program areas as needed
High school diploma or GED required, some college preferred must have some experience working with teens.
Also, must have experience in educational program planning, organizing special events, working in collaboration with other agencies and schools, tutoring youth, making parental contacts and maintaining statistical information. Candidates must also be computer literate and have demonstrated ability to troubleshoot computer problems as well as have excellent skills in applicable software. High energy level and a willingness to work outside normal business hours required.