|Title:||Program Assistant - PT|
REPORTS TO: Branch Director
The Program Assistant is responsible to provide programs that promote self-esteem and encourage the positive social/physical development of our members. This includes planning and implementation of programs for individuals, small groups and large groups in our games room, outdoors and in the gym. In addition, this position is responsible to support the full-time staff as needed and to assist with occasional special events.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Run daily social recreation programs including:
- Pool School
- On-the-Spot Fun
- Grant Funded programs, - PGA, Triple Play Games Room.
- Provide program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Maintain working relationship with team and volunteers
- Help supervise the learning center and volunteers
- Facilitate group club programs and plan special events
- Communicate effectively with the community, staff, members and parents
- Attend regular staff meetings and be responsible for extensive record keeping and documentation
- Ensure an environment that meets the organizational standards for the health and safety of members
- Oversee special projects as assigned.
- Assist with field trips as needed
- Hours may need to be flexible to meet program needs
Experience working with youth in social recreation programming preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The position offices at the Mt Airy Branch in St Paul. Must be able to climb stairs, lift at least 50 lbs, be able to stand and sit for long periods of time and be able to walk moderate distances. Occasional repetitive task required. This is a moderately stressful position that requires the candidate to be in excellent health.
This position is a paid position through St Paul Parks and Recreation partnership with the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities and St Paul Park and Rec. are an Equal Opportunity Employer