|Title:||Program Director - Southside Village|
TITLE: Program Director
DEPARTMENT: Branch Operations
REPORTS TO: Southside Village Branch Director
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full Time
Salary Range: DOQ
The Boys and Girls of the Twin Cities (BGCTC) is an affiliate member of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) with the mission to enable all youth people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens”. The BGCTC is committed to fostering an “Optimum Club Experience” tailored toward quality programming that promotes academic success, healthy lifestyle and good character and leadership, in all youth – especially in areas where it’s needed most. To reach its commitment, the BGCTC is vested to build a dynamic team of well-rounding youth-work professionals at all level of the organizational chart.
The BGCTC is looking for an energetic, talented and passionate candidate to serve as Program Director at the Southside Village Boys & Girls Club Site in South Minneapolis. Under the supervision of the Branch Director the Program Director is responsible for the overall planning, development and implementation of the Club programs, with an ultimate goal to drive measurable program outcomes. In the absence of the Branch Director, the Program Director play key leadership role in supporting and supervising all program staff, ensuring the safety of all youth members, engaging families and managing club site.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Plan and manage the implementation of all Club programs to drive optimal club experience, academic success, and post-secondary career readiness.
- Work collaboratively with Branch Director to develop and implement Club’s goals and objectives to align with the over BGCTC’s & BGCA’s strategic plan.
- Help lead the management and development of professional development program to strengthen staff capacity to deliver quality programming.
- Lead the evaluation planning and implementation to ensure the accuracy and timely of data collection and reporting.
- Develop, maintain and strength community collaborations and partnership to support the goals and the mission of the club site.
- Directly supervise volunteers & interns to ensure successful engagement.
- Coordinate and facilitate all sites visits from donors, community partners, board members, volunteers, and parents.
- Complete reports and maintain statistical information for all grant required programs.
- Oversee all aspects of the Branch Operations in the absence of the Branch Director including but not limited to:
- Staff supervision
- Facility management
- Program management
- Risk management
- BA in youth development, education, sociology or related field.
- Candidate should have 3 or more years of experience in community-based youth development.
- Knowledge of development and administration of youth programs, staff supervision, event coordination and community partnership.
- Previous Boys & Girls Club work and intensive experience working with diverse population, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must be computer literate in Microsoft Office and have excellent skills in applicable software.
- Must be able to drive company owned vehicles.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Must be able to climb stairs, lift at least 50 lbs, be able to stand and sit for long periods of time and be able to walk moderate distances. Occasional repetitive task required. This is a moderately stressful position that requires the candidate to be in excellent health.
- During Regular School Days: 2:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Summer and School Release Days: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Starting Date: August 21st
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TO APPLY:Please submit your cover letter and resume through an online application at http://boysandgirls.applicantstack.com/x/openings