REPORTS TO: Camp Director
Location: Mound, MN
Camp Cook is responsible for overseeing meal/snack programs at Voyageur Camp site. Duties include planning and preparing nutritious meals, ordering food and maintaining and producing reports as needed, cleaning/maintaining kitchen equipment and mopping the kitchen area. The camp cook will also assist in food service related needs as they arise.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Plan, prepare, and serve meals for a variety of rental groups throughout the summer.
- Maintain and clean entire food service area after each use
- Maintain statistics for Summer Food Service Program
- Plan and prepare cost effective, nutritious meals
- Order, arrange and receive food delivery and pickup
- Adhere to and promote state guidelines for proper food handling, food preparation and safe kitchen practices
- Keeping the kitchen and equipment as a clean environment to prepare meals
Experience in food preparation for large groups and work with menu planning necessary. Must have experience in working with youth and volunteers, special event planning, budget management and record keeping. Must be a self-starter, creative, possess maturity in judgment, be very organized, enthusiastic and goal oriented
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:Must be able to climb stairs, lift at least 35 lbs., be able to stand and sit for long periods of time and be able to walk moderate distances.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications