|Title:||Membership Secretary - ES|
DEPARTMENT: Branch – East Side Club
REPORTS TO: Branch Director
Provide regular clerical and administrative support to the Branch Director and other staff, as necessary. Prepares correspondence and reports, maintains schedule and calendar, answers telephones and maintains electronic and hard copy files. Provide a positive customer service experience to members, visitors, and volunteers. Checks members, visitors and volunteers into the building and maintains the front desk area. This position is also responsible for tracking and logging in the Comet system all membership information, daily attendance and program rosters
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Maintain the front desk area. Including checking in all members, volunteers and visitors. Members are checked in using Comet and the Real-time Scanner and Web Scanner
- Keep member records utilizing the Comet program insuring accurate and timely information? Keep hard copy files of memberships updated and make sure all members have an active membership when entering the club.
- Perform close out duties with the program at the end of the day
- Perform regularly scheduled backups of the database
- Greet the general public and communicate daily program schedules and general Club information to parents and community members through face to face, telephone, and or email communication(s)
- Assist the Branch Director and other staff with monthly statistical reports
- Assist the keeping of volunteer records and reports
- General supervision of the Front Desk Area including general housekeeping of the area
- Performs regular secretarial duties, preparing correspondence and reports as requested by supervisor and composes draft letters following established formats. Proofreads all materials for accuracy prior to supervisory review and signature
- Maintains master schedule of Club activities and events, collecting and disseminating information to Club staff, volunteers, members and families as instructed.
- Answers telephones, providing general information, referring callers to other staff or taking messages as necessary.
- Maintains electronic and hard copy filing systems, making sure they are accurate and timely and facilitate easy retrieval of information.
- Monitor office supply inventory.
- May be responsible for managing inventory of office equipment and service contracts, performing routine maintenance activities and contacting service representatives as needed.
- Perform other related secretarial or administrative duties as requested.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer) and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with members, families and the general public to give and obtain information, either in response to inquiries or as instructed by supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent
One year of office clerical experience
Training in secretarial skills and use of common office equipment
Skills and proficiency with current computer software and data entry systems
Good written and verbal communication skills
Good organization and attention to detail
Strong, positive customer relations skills
Able to maintain strict confidentiality
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Branch atmosphere will require walking from area to area, running occasionally, sitting for periods of time, bending, twisting and raising your arms above your head. Should also be able to lift at least 25 lbs., kneel and drive a vehicle for extended periods. Also must be able to stand for long periods of time on occasion.
HOURS: School Year Hours 3:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. / Summer Hours 11:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
The Boys and Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit the Careers page of our website and submit your cover letter and resume to Andrew Jones, Branch Director, online through the link. http://www.boysandgirls