|Title:||Membership Specialist - Part Time|
TITLE: Membership Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Branch- East Side Club
REPORTS TO: Branch Director
SALARY: $12 - $14 / hour.
The Membership Specialist serves as the face of each Club site. They introduce new members and greet parents each day when they arrive at the Club. They perform the essential role of membership and program tracking. This position is ideal for someone with excellent customer service skills, who is computer-savvy and enjoys working with young people and families.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Maintain the front desk space, including checking in all members, volunteers and visitors.
- Create and enter membership information.
- Handle and record cash and receipts.
- Track program attendance in Club database.
- Greet members, parents, volunteers and other community members and be able to provide program information and Club schedule.
- Perform regular administrative support duties, such as generating correspondence and reports as requested by the Program or Branch Director.
- Answer telephones, provide general information and transfer calls to other staff as necessary.
- Make general Club announcements and keep track of Club schedule.
- Monitor office supply inventory.
- Other administrative-support duties as assigned by the Branch Director.
High school diploma or equivalent. One year of clerical or administrative support experience. Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Good written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail. Able to maintain strict confidentiality of member / family personal information. Strong and positive customer service skills. Data-entry experience is preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
These position offices at one of eight Branch sites. Must be able to climb stairs, lift at least 50 lbs, be able to stand and sit for long periods of time and be able to walk moderate distances. Occasional repetitive task required. This is a moderately stressful position that requires the candidate to be in excellent health.
HOURS: 28 hours per week. Daytime hours during the summer, afternoon / evening hours during the school year.
START DATE: August 21st, 2017
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities is an Equal Opportunity Employer