|Title:||Food Program Coordinator - PT|
TITLE: Food Program Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Branch- Jerry Gamble Club
REPORTS TO: Branch Director
The Food Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the Club’s meal and snack programs. This includes cooking and preparing a meal and a snack each day for Club members, engaging youth in meal prep and leading weekly cooking / nutrition classes. The ideal candidate will be a positive, energetic self-starter who is passionate about food, food justice and working with young people.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Plan and implement weekly nutrition classes and cooking classes with members throughout the year.
- Engage Club members in meal service and skill-building cooking / kitchen safety classes.
- Maintain all food records necessary for CACFP participation including meal counts, production records, and saving / labeling CN labels for food.
- Monitor food & milk inventory. Communicate needs to Food Program Manager.
- Coordinate with Food Program Manager to arrange delivery / pick up of food & milk order.
- Adhere to and promote state guidelines for proper food handling, food preparation and safe kitchen practices.
- Prepare daily meals and snacks (1 each, per day).
- Clean and upkeep kitchen on a daily basis as required by CACFP and Health Department guidelines.
- Additional kitchen-related duties may be assigned by Branch Director.
Experience preparing food for large groups of people (70-150 / day). Must have experience working with youth and volunteers. Must be detail-oriented with experience in record keeping. Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, including Outlook and Excel. Experience working with the Child and Adult Care Food Program is preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position offices at one of eight Branch sites. The ideal candidate must be able to climb stairs, lift at least 50 lbs, be able to stand and sit for long periods of time and be able to walk moderate distances. Occasional repetitive task required. This is a moderately stressful position that requires the candidate to be in good health.
HOURS: 25 hrs /wk
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your cover letter and resume via our website at http://www.boysandgirls.org/contact/careers/