|Title:||Summer Program Assistant - PT|
TITLE: Program Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Branch- 5 Main Branch Sites
REPORTS TO: Branch Director
SALARY: Part Time, seasonal: $10.00-$12.00 per hour
The Program Assistant provides programs that promote self-esteem and encourage the social and physical development of youth ages 5 to 18 years old. They work with a dynamic team of other youth workers to create a fun, safe and engaging environment for all young people at the Club. This includes planning and implementing programs for a wide variety of age groups, both in small and large group settings. Programs include active games, outdoor activities, gym time and academic enrichment.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Run engaging enrichment programs for a wide variety of young people from diverse backgrounds.
- Assist other site staff in program planning, implementation and outcome evaluation.
- Facilitate small and large group activities.
- Occasionally supervise program volunteers.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Record program participation numbers and other records for each program.
- Ensure program space is clean and safe for all participants.
- Assist with occasional field trips.
- Other projects and assistance as assigned by the Branch Director.
The ideal Program Assistant candidate has experience working with a wide age-range of young people and has experience with positive (asset-based) youth development. We are looking for an energetic, positive person to join our team. This position is best suited for someone who likes frequent activity and having fun!
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position is located at one of eight branch sites. Must be able to climb stairs, lift at least 50 lbs, be able to stand and sit for long periods of time and be able to walk moderate distances. Occasional repetitive task required. This is a moderately stressful position that requires the candidate to be in good health.
HOURS: 15-30 hrs /wk, depending on location.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your cover letter and resume via our website at http://www.boysandgirls.org/contact/careers/