|Title:||Membership Specialist - PT|
TITLE: Membership Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Branch- Mt. Airy Club
REPORTS TO: Branch Director
SALARY: $10 - $14 / hour.
The Membership Specialist serves as the face of each Club site. They introduce new members and greet parents each day when they arrive at the Club. They perform the essential role of membership and program tracking. This position is ideal for someone with excellent customer service skills, who is computer-savvy and enjoys working with young people and families.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Maintain the front desk space, including checking in all members, volunteers and visitors.
- Create and enter membership information.
- Handle and record cash and receipts.
- Track program attendance in Club database.
- Greet members, parents, volunteers and other community members and be able to provide program information and Club schedule.
- Perform regular administrative support duties, such as generating correspondence and reports as requested by the Program or Branch Director.
- Answer telephones, provide general information and transfer calls to other staff as necessary.
- Make general Club announcements and keep track of Club schedule.
- Monitor office supply inventory.
- Other administrative-support duties as assigned by the Branch Director.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer) and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with members, families and the general public to give and obtain information, either in response to inquiries or as instructed by supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent. One year of clerical or administrative support experience. Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Good written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail. Able to maintain strict confidentiality of member / family personal information. Strong and positive customer service skills. Data-entry experience is preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Branch atmosphere will require walking from area to area, running occasionally, sitting for periods of time, bending, twisting and raising your arms above your head. Should also be able to lift at least 25 lbs., kneel and drive a vehicle for extended periods. Also must be able to stand for long periods of time on occasion.
Summer Program: Full-time (Split between Saint Paul Parks & Rec and Boys & Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities)
School Year: 29 Hours
HOURS: School Year Hours 3:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. / Summer Hours 11:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
This position is a paid position through St Paul Parks and Recreation partnership with the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your cover letter and resume via our website at http://www.boysandgirls.org/contact/careers/