|Title:||PT Education Director - ALWS|
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Part-time 25 - 29 hours per week
The Education Director is responsible to provide programs that promote self-esteem and encourage the positive educational development of our members. This includes planning and implementation of programs for individuals, small groups and large groups. In addition, this position is responsible to oversee the computer lab and conduct occasional special events.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Run daily educational programs including:
- computer classes
- literacy programs
- Grant Funded academic programs
- Provide program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Maintain working relationship with area schools and teachers
- Oversee the Immersion program
- Participate in OJP Mentoring program
- Supervise the learning center and volunteers including VISTA Reads summer volunteers
- Facilitate group club programs and plan special events
- Work with the Education Advisory Committee
- Communicate effectively with the community, staff, members and parents
- Attend regular staff meetings and be responsible for extensive record keeping and documentation
- Ensure an environment that meets the organizational standards for the health and safety of members
- Oversee special projects as assigned.
Four-year degree in Education, Youth Studies or a closely related field is required. A plus would be an applicant with a teaching degree (work experience may be substituted for a portion of this preference in certain situations).
Also, must have experience in educational program planning, organizing special events, working in collaboration with other agencies and schools, tutoring youth, making parental contacts and maintaining statistical information. Candidates must also be computer literate and have demonstrated ability to troubleshoot computer problems as well as have excellent skills in applicable software. High energy level and a willingness to work outside normal business hours required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position offices at one of seven Branch sites. Must be able to climb stairs, lift at least 50 lbs, be able to stand and sit for long periods of time and be able to walk moderate distances. Occasional repetitive task required. This is a moderately stressful position that requires the candidate to be in excellent health.