Teen Director - Gamble
|Title:||Teen Director - Gamble|
REPORTS TO: Site Director
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-Time 40 hr/wk
The Director of Teen Programs is responsible to provide daily programs that promote self-esteem and encourage the positive social development of our members. This includes planning and executing programs for individual, small groups and large groups with a special emphasis on teen members.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Oversee the daily operation of the teen programming including recruiting teens and assisting with on time graduation and preparing teens for post secondary education
- Provide a wide range of program options for individuals, small groups and large groups that are age appropriate and engaging with a special emphasis on teen members.
- Maintain a safety conscious attitude in performing duties and provide a safe environment for program participants
- Facilitate group clubs, as well as run grant funded education programs
- Maintain positive collaborations with other area agencies
- Implement a wide variety of Special Events and run tournaments
- Ability to run structured computer programs with teens
- Submit weekly and monthly reports
- Assist other program areas as needed
- Must be able to drive company owned vehicles
- Attend regular staff meetings and oversee special projects as assigned
High School diploma or GED required, some college preferred. Must have some experience working with youth especially teens. Should also have some experience working in a drop in center atmosphere and planning and executing programs. Must possess maturity in judgment; be very organized, able to take initiative, enthusiastic and a team player.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:Branch atmosphere will require walking from area to area, running occasionally, sitting for periods of time, bending, twisting and raising your arms above your head. Should also be able to lift at least 25 lbs., kneel and drive a vehicle for extended periods. Also must be able to stand for long periods of time on occasion.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications