STARS Program Assistant
|Title:||STARS Program Assistant|
REPORTS TO: Branch Director
SALARY: $10.00 - $11.00/Hour
Part Time 12 – 16 hours Per Week (M-Th)
The Program Assistant is responsible to assist the daily STARs program for members in the Kindergarten through 3rd grade age range that promote education, self-esteem and encourage the positive social development of our members. This includes assisting in the execution of programs for individuals, small groups and large groups.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Assist in a wide range of program options for individuals, small groups and large groups that are age appropriate and engaging in accordance with other department staff and schedules
- Help to maintain a safety conscious attitude in performing duties and provide a safe environment for program participants
- Assist in facilitating groups as assigned
- Assist in completing/maintaining program rosters & reports
- Assist with and/or coordinate the CACFP after school snack program if necessary
- Assist other program areas as needed and maintain a positive team attitude
- Must be able to drive company owned vehicles and chaperone trips as needed
- Attend regular staff meetings and oversee special projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED required, some college preferred must have some experience working with youth.
Also, must have experience in educational program planning, organizing special events, working in collaboration with other agencies and schools, tutoring youth, making parental contacts and maintaining statistical information. Candidates must also be computer literate and have demonstrated ability to troubleshoot computer problems as well as have excellent skills in applicable software
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Branch atmosphere will require walking from area to area, running occasionally, sitting for periods of time, bending, twisting and raising your arms above your head. Should also be able to lift at least 25 lbs., kneel and drive a vehicle for extended periods. Also must be able to stand for long periods of time on occasion.
- HOURS: Hours of operation at the Club are between 9:00 am – 5:30 p.m. during the summer and between 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm during the school year.